[Request Info] Buggy Geforce4 MX400

Graebob

Generally Random
Yes yes I know, the Geforce4 MX400 is hardly worth owning if I can get a more powerful card, but i couldn't for £35 ;)

I'm having a bit of trouble with this card. Under DirectX, the screen goes crazy (by which i mean all rendered 3d graphics are coloured wrongly). It seems that something is going wrong with either texturing or alpha blending (or both!) but I'm probably overstepping my knowledge there. This never happens under OpenGL, and I've done testing with both.

This problem has occurred under DX8.1 and 9 AND 9.0b, and with version 46.61(i think) of the nVidia drivers right up to the current (56.56 installed atm). I have owned the card for about 12 months now.

I'm assuming it's a hardware problem, but before I go out and buy another card I thought I would get the opinions of some people in the know.

Graebob

Generally Random
nice plan speedy :)

the only errors DxDiag turns up are that some of its .dll files are debug versions, not retail, and thus might run slower. this is because I have to code in DX for one of my modules at Uni, and probably why my copy of NFSU is running so goddamn slowly!

The fairly simple way which i might check out is to set the boxen back to running its on board graphics chipset. If i get the same errors then its software not hardware, and so on and so on.

Cheers anyway for the advice speedy :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filamnapa