REQ: widgets and apps and theme sites

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I have been thinking about getting back into sticking a few objects onto my d'top..

the last year or so I have gone w/o any icons on my desktop... just my taskbar and objectdock to do all the stuff I need...

I would like to get into installing and playing around with widgets... wincustomize has a nice little thing called desktopX (from stardock) but I wanna try out some of the freebies before I pay for their stuff :)

Is that a question or just a general statement?

Or maybe a way of asking for a **demo** version?

I am asking a question :)

I know some people use widget's or widget like devices (ie netryder) on their d'tops and I would like to have a go...

You could look into Samurize and/or Kapsules. If you've ever seen any widgets on my desktop, they were for Samurize.
http://www.samurize.com
http://kapsules.shellscape.org

If you have any specific widgets, or types of widgets (weather, calendar etc.) that you're looking for, I could post some links for you too...trouble is they're all over the place, so it's tough to make a comprehensive list of them all.

ta... I'll give it a go tomorrow :)

I've used samurize before and was not that keen... I'll check out kapsules though :)

Yeah, I hear Kapsules is easier to use. I haven't used it myself, but some of the widgets look nice in the screenshots I've seen. On the other hand, since Samurize has been around for much longer, there are many more widgets available for it as compared to Kapsules.

Kapsules looks pretty cool. I may have to look into that.

Any idea on the system resources it uses?

No idea, sorry. As I said, I haven't ever used it myself.

well I decided to go with rain-meter for now... some guy on a site I go to once in a while has a nice suite... I'll play around with it for now :)

Kapsules is pretty new so we'll have to wait and see what it can do. Samurize took me a while to get used to, but I really ended up enjoying it's potential. I've never heard about rain-meter, so let us know how it is Sazar.

im trying some of these atm. rainmeeter is ok, not as pretty as some others but has a lot of info, Kapsules is ok, as its new , not many plugins for it but it has the standard ones (weather, ram, hd space etc)

Used rain-meter back in the day. I like Samurize better, but I do still use Rainlender.

dreamliner77 said:
Used rain-meter back in the day. I like Samurize better, but I do still use Rainlender.
Yeah, Samurize and Rainlendar make a killer combo. I use both of them too.
smile.gif

you should see the stuff moshi comes up with :)

I am using his rainmeter stuff and its pretty sweet... very minor performance hit too..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back