reporting nusance emails

sy64004

OSNN Addict
Can anyone help, I have received 5 emails in the past 3 days and all have been infected with viruses, is there any authority that I can report these to.

The emails have come into my personal mail box, which I don't even give out over the net!!! This is very annoying.

3 Have come from hotmail accounts, but whe nI try to report these to hotmail they send an auto reply saying that unless I put a message header in they can't o anything. This makes no sense to me. Can anyone help??

Thanks

What email program do you use?

[Edit] You can try this Site . It will tell you how to find the header, report the spam for you (if you choose) and a few other things. Try it out and let us know how things work out. :)

Outlook 200, I know it's not all that trust worthy, but does this make a difference in the amount of spam and virus I get????

Originally posted by dude
Outlook 200, I know it's not all that trust worthy, but does this make a difference in the amount of spam and virus I get????
Not to my knowledge, I use Outlook 2000 also and, knock on wood, I get very little spam. Look at my 1st reply, I added to it. Hope that helps ya :)

Originally posted by Jewelzz

Not to my knowledge, I use Outlook 2000 also and, knock on wood, I get very little spam. Look at my 1st reply, I added to it. Hope that helps ya :)

It's has helped quite a bit thanks, unfortunatley with spamcop I can't report Virus emails as they may have come from unsuspecting people. The fact that I never give this email address out seems irelevant.

Thanks anyway, mate

You now know how to get the header so you can send it off to Hotmail or whichever email hosts where the virus is coming from. That in itself should be a help since you need the header to report abuse or a virus coming from their server or client.

Is the virus Klez? If so you are going to have troubles finding the source. This virus spoofs email addresses.

Originally posted by open_source
Is the virus Klez? If so you are going to have troubles finding the source. This virus spoofs email addresses.

Klez every time.

why do I get the feeling that I'm going to have to change my email address??

Any one have any solutions?

These Virus writers want stringing up by there balls (if you could find them) and torturing slowly, and even that would be too good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back