Replaced PSU, still sound?

G

Gouk

I just replaced the Power Supply Unit and when I switched my PC on, it made a diesel engine type sound again but it only lasted about 30 seconds this time.

Could it be the CPU fan because I cleaned that recently too.

I only have 3 fans in my PC anyway, the CPU fan, the PSU fan and the graphics card fan.

WHat can the problem be? DO I now have to buy a new CPU fan only to find it the problem will not be fixed?

Oh I forgot to add that the rotation of one of the fans (dont know which one) is inconsistent. One of them seems to slow down very slightly and when that happens the noise increases slightly.

sounds to me like the bearings are wearing out on your fan.. I'd replace it asap.. case fans cost peanuts so it shouldnt cause a problem.

Or you could buy some lubricating fluid/oil and drop afew drops around the fan's motor.

which fan?

I have bought and installed a NEW PSU so are you talking about the CPU fan?

Yeah if thats the one slowing down and making the noise!

as silent_bob says.. yeah, I mean the one you say was noisy and slowing down.

another tip is use filters for any fans you have sucking air in from outside the case, as dust and gunk builds up and can make the fans noisy.

Thing is Im no computer expert so I am not sure which fan is making the noise :(

you'll have to do it the old fashioned way like the rest of us.. stick ya ear by each fan!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back