Replace Kazaa

SUb I'm not hewre to judge you or anyone for that matter. Please try to be a bit more supportive of the people who obviously don't know as much as you do. Condescending remarks will just make people not like you. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here and if you wish to be like that noone can stop you (other than the admins).

I use kazzaa lite, hotline and I still think Mirc is my favorite...actual interaction is good for the soul

Sub, I think you need to 'gently' pull your foot out of your mouth. Kazaalite 1.7 has NO spyware in it. The forum you so kindly pointed us to also stated that fact. If you use the upgrade option you are automatically given Kazaa 1.7 not Kazaalite 1.7 so you need to go to the Kazaalite website to get the 'lite' version. I have run adaware since since upgrading to 1.7 and there is no cydoor or any other spyware in my system. ;)

... back to the file-sharing programs. I've tried 2 different programs that I have not seen mentioned. Direct Connect and eDonkey.

Direct Connect is the best program I've ever used. By no means is its interface attractive or up-to-par with Kazaa, but the transfer speeds can be great and the amount of available files is unreal. There are individual hubs that you connect to, and I have been in several hubs that share over 30 terabytes of files! The only catch to some hubs is that they require a minimum share, but it's only fair that you share anyway... it is file-sharing, right? Anyway, get it from http://www.neo-modus.com

As for eDonkey, I've just started using it and it can be ok. It works in part with a website I visit called ShareReactor. I've used it several times and its worth a try if you like checking out alternatives.

i use edonkey2000 aswell and it rocks, i have gotten more stuff from there than anyother p2p prog.

Is Imesh good now? I used it over a year ago and didn't like it at all. I might give it another try if it has gotten better.

WinMX is slowwwwwwwwwww
kazaa is what I use at the moment and its plenty fast enough for me.

My friend has a max (os X) (no its not me hehehe) and all file sharing programs seem to be only for pc. I hooked him up with limewire (booo) which is the only thing I could find for mac. Well, he isn't computer saavy like you guys so he can't really use Mirc and Hotline. Anyone know of any other mac file sharing proggies?

Originally posted by muzikool
... back to the file-sharing programs. I've tried 2 different programs that I have not seen mentioned. Direct Connect and eDonkey.

Direct Connect is the best program I've ever used. By no means is its interface attractive or up-to-par with Kazaa, but the transfer speeds can be great and the amount of available files is unreal. There are individual hubs that you connect to, and I have been in several hubs that share over 30 terabytes of files! The only catch to some hubs is that they require a minimum share, but it's only fair that you share anyway... it is file-sharing, right? Anyway, get it from http://www.neo-modus.com

As for eDonkey, I've just started using it and it can be ok. It works in part with a website I visit called ShareReactor. I've used it several times and its worth a try if you like checking out alternatives.

Muzikool, do you know if Direct Connect contains spy-ware?

Originally posted by rodneyck

Muzikool, do you know if Direct Connect contains spy-ware?

rodneyck, Direct Connect has a banner ad at the top to support sponsors, but there is no real spyware involved. I use AdAware and SpyBotSD regularly to check and DC has never added any. The banner isn't a pop-up, its just part of the interface. But if you actually click the banner, it goes away and another one doesn't appear for a good while. Honestly it doesn't even bother me. I recommend this program to everyone so give it a try and let me know what you think. Besides, you can always uninstall it if you don't like it! :)

If I could figure Direct-Connect out I'd use it as it looks cool enough. That little program confuses the heck out of me, though. :)

For general music/movie files and the like I use Gnucleus. No spyware garbage to contend with it and I have pretty good luck finding what I want on it. Also, it's a bit easier to understand for me at least, then these other proggies.

RE: Direct Connect

It is probably the best source of stuff, however there are too many greedy folk on it. They either don't allow you to connect (Adaptions of the program) or disconnect you as soon as you steel some of their bandwidth.

If it had multiple downloading and automated downloading like iMesh or Kazaa it would be by far the best because most of the servers insist that you share xGB.

The main difference is Direct Connect has big stuff like films etc.
Most of the others just have little cracks and nonsenese and partial downloads.

Just my opinion.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back