Repeated System Log errors on server

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
One of the servers I administer at work has a system log full of this particular error:

"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation."

The server itself is an IBM NetFinity 5500 Model/Type 8658-21Y...with Windows 2000 Server SP4... 3 x 18 GIG SCSI drives in a RAID 5....1 Gig of Memory....

I did a search on the error on Microsoft's KnowledgeBase and could never find a real definitive answer. I did a Google search and got a few hits but nothing that told me what might be causing this error. I checked the status of the physical drives on the server via ServeRAID manager and none of them have a Predictive Failure Analysis warning on them. This error doesn't seem to be keeping the server from working correctly except for one thing. This server is running MSDE for a database engine and when it starts getting those errors in the event log...the internal backup for the database seems to just quit. I can reboot the server and the errors go away for maybe a day or two but then they return. Anyone have an idea of what might be going on here?

Attachments

• Capture_03292004_081653.jpg
    Capture_03292004_081653.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 72
Do you have the paging file on drive 0 or another physical drive?

the page file is on the d:\ drive which I am fairly sure is still on drive 0

and I assume you've already run chkdsk on that volume?

no i haven't...that particular server isn't on site....I would have to schedule a downtime on the server and the travel to the site to do so...I guess that would be the next thing to do though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back