Repeated System Log errors on server

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
One of the servers I administer at work has a system log full of this particular error:

"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation."

The server itself is an IBM NetFinity 5500 Model/Type 8658-21Y...with Windows 2000 Server SP4... 3 x 18 GIG SCSI drives in a RAID 5....1 Gig of Memory....

I did a search on the error on Microsoft's KnowledgeBase and could never find a real definitive answer. I did a Google search and got a few hits but nothing that told me what might be causing this error. I checked the status of the physical drives on the server via ServeRAID manager and none of them have a Predictive Failure Analysis warning on them. This error doesn't seem to be keeping the server from working correctly except for one thing. This server is running MSDE for a database engine and when it starts getting those errors in the event log...the internal backup for the database seems to just quit. I can reboot the server and the errors go away for maybe a day or two but then they return. Anyone have an idea of what might be going on here?

Attachments

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
no i haven't...that particular server isn't on site....I would have to schedule a downtime on the server and the travel to the site to do so...I guess that would be the next thing to do though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frances58