Repairing an install

G

Goose

Ok
I can boot from the cd ok, and when install screen is viewing I hit R.
it then gives me loads of options about how I want to repair.
I just want to reload "Help and Support" coz they aint working
what is the best route please help if poss ?
:confused:

Use the System Restore Wizard for this...
Here's how to use it:
You must be a member of the computer administrator group on your computer to access the System Restore Wizard or change System Restore settings.

There are three methods that you can use to access System Restore functionality.

You can access the System Restore Wizard through the Start menu. To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.
You can access System Restore through Control Panel. To open the System Restore Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance. Under See Also, click System Restore.
You can access System Restore through Help and Support Center. To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.

The way I have done it I have ticked the option to choose the drive on install (won't work if you only have one drive)
and then let it go through ignore the option to repair through the repair console go to the next screen then you can choose the place you want to install the you get an option to press "r" for repair if you choose the drive you already have xp installed on.
This works very well I have done this on many installations onxp.
ven

The responce by -+={©Yahoo©}=+- has always worked well for me too (it will keep all your current settings and re-install over the top) I can't remember the initial Restore function ever working for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back