Repair Installation

P

Powerchordpunk

I have been having problems with connecting to the Windows Update site. Tech support says my WUPDMGR.EXE file is corrupt and needs to be replaced by system file checker. The tech went on to say that I needed to do a repair installation because when I typed in sfc in the run window, (not sfc /scannow) a black screen appears for a split second then disappears. So what happens when you type in "sfc" without the quotes in the run box? Do I need to do a repair installation?

well, when i type sfc in the run box i get the black screen flash too. I don't have a problem logging into and getting updates. In the run box, type in cmd or command and then type in sfc... it should list the available switch commands for sfc for you. I couldn't tell you whether or not you need to do a repair installation.

whoopsie...

I think I forgot the command prompt when I was doin tech support. Thanks Lonman.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back