Renewing IP Address

uisophic88

OSNN Newbie
So I feel this problem has been on here a couple times but I can't find any thread thats specific to my situation or helps me out so I figured I would re-post. I am having trouble renewing the IP address for a computer at work. It has limited to no internet connection and says I need to renew the IP address, however it is unable to do so when I attempt. It is a lone computer hooked up through a modem (6100F) set up by Verizon. I have tried to ping the modem and the IP address in the command window but it can't reach either. When I try to open the IP address through the web browser, an error message appears (similar to the message you get when you try to go to a site with no interwebs). Also, in the command window for ipconfig it says the IP address is 0.0.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the modem or Ethernet driver. As well as uninstalling the device and reinstalling the device.

nice to see a fellow red sox fan on here, especially one from north carolina.

i have not tried resetting Ethernet driver but I have tried resetting the modem, to no avail. Every time, it gets to the point where it has to detect a connection from the modem and it can't do it.

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

turn off the modem and leave it for 30 mins then reconnect it, with some providers you may have to contact them and force them to reset the modem

I guess I assumed he had already tried an ipconfig renew release since he had tried pinging. heh who knows.

And yes, I'm a Red Sox fan. I'm originally from NY, I lived in MA and RI for parts of my life. Now I'm in NC. I'm going to see them play in July I think.

First off, Red Sox stink!!!! :D /end

If you are getting a 0.0.0.0 address, you won't be able to ping much of anything :) I don't know if you have Vista or XP, but this might be a good place to start.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

I would think if the machine had valid connectivity to the modem, you would get a 169.x.x.x address but not sure. Have you tried swapping the ethernet cable between the PC and the modem?

RED SOX DON'T STINK! YOU DO! /thread

Have you tried spinning 3 times, clapping twice, stomping and saying "abracadabra"?

It's worth a shot.

RED SOX DON'T STINK! YOU DO! /thread

Have you tried spinning 3 times, clapping twice, stomping and saying "abracadabra"?

It's worth a shot.

When I tried that, soon after I said that magical word, money fell from the sky. Then I woke up :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back