Removing Lop.com...HELP

J

JayCool

While browsing cracks.am, I accidentally clicked on a java applet, and the site then installed Lop.com automatically onto my computer! I instantly ran ad-aware, and removed the SPYWARE, and also noticed that it added a lot of weblinks to "My Favorites". Does anyone know if there are any other places this pathetic thing installs?

Dammed!

Now that darn Lop is back. I ran the unistall.exe and ad-aware, but suddenly lop showed up again???
Where does it come from? I haven't visited cracks.am at a very long time...

This may be the solution, it worked for me.

Mike Healan: April 15, 2002

Lop.com has become one of the most infamous of all browser hijackers. All over the internet, from message boards to newsgroups to IRC chat rooms I've seen people begging for help in getting rid of this filthy little piece of scumware. Continued: http://www.spywareinfo.com/lop.html

For instructions on how to completely remove it from your system, try:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/lopgone.html

To prevent it from ever coming back I'm thinking I can create an empty dll file by the same names as their trojan uses THEN making it readonly so it can't be easily overwritten in the future. Here are the commands
to copy and paste into your Start/Run field: Just type "exit" or click the X to close the DOS window that is left open.

command /k rem > \windows\plg_ie0.dll
command /k attrib \windows\plg_ie0.dll +r

What toolbar is this....is it lop.com???

I'm running Ad-Aware Pro and Spybot plus iHate Popups, but can't get rid of this damn thing.... Help !!!!!!

toolbar.JPG

mrmark said:
What toolbar is this....is it lop.com???

I'm running Ad-Aware Pro and Spybot plus iHate Popups, but can't get rid of this damn thing.... Help !!!!!!

toolbar.JPG

Yea, That looks like LOP to me. I've just managed to get rid of it myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back