Removing items from Add/Remove Programs

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Hi,
I have some redundant items listed in my Add/Remove Programs. They have already been uninstalled. Does anybody know how to get rid of them?
Hope someone can help!
Thanx a lot ...

Any tweaking utility (tweakui, tweakxp, x-setup) will do that for you.

I have the latest version of TweakUI ... don't see the option to remove stuff from Add/Remove Programs. And TweakXP isn't freeware :(

The regcleaner from www.jv16.org will do that for you very easily.(amongst many other things)
Go to the "uninstall menu" tab. You can either uninstall or just remove any entries found.
Will also automatically create a backup of everything you do for safety purposes.:)

Uninstall stuff is in key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
just delete the unwanted sub-key. The string "DisplayName" in each key represent what you see in the Add/Remove program panel.

Oops - sorry. Apparently it isn't in tweakui. But it's in the other two - and tweakxp actually is free for the first 50 uses (or at least it used to be).

Ah, a place in the registry - just what I wanted :D
Thanks Swi!! Worked like a charm ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back