Removing documt folder in explorer window

W

Wartox

Hi, i'm a bit new to this forum, so please bear with me.

I'm using XP pro (danish edition) and every time I open explorer it starts up displaying the documents folder and sub-dirs (folders like My pictures, My music, My ebooks).

I would much rather like it to open "This computer" and have it showing the different drives.

Does anyone know "how to" ? (i would suspect that a reg.key needed tampering with a bit).

Am i making sense here ?

-W

Here is one way>

Delete the shortcut to explorer. Create a shorcut to my computer by right clicking on it. Put the shortcut where you want it then do this>
How to Make My Computer Open in Explore Mode With Folder List

In My Computer click Tools menu, and then click Options.
Click the File Types tab. In the list of file types, highlight "(NONE) Folders"
Click Advanced button, In the Actions box, highlight "Explore" Click "Set Default"

Welcome to the forums. Have fun.

Or try winkey+E. This opens explorer with My Computer expanded. (At least mine does, since I didn't change anything should be default). Or just rightclick your explorer icon, click properties and change the command to:
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,

That would depends on how you open WinExplorer . .
The easiest way to get what you wanted is by:
click Start and drag My Computer (hold left mouse button) to your desktop . . from now on you will see all of your drives by clicking that shortcut

This is a great place...

You guys...

I honestly didnt expect so that much help so soon.

I've set the explorer props to "/e" and it works and now i also know the coolest little shortcut. "Winkey" is a cute name.

This just to say thanx a bunch guys

-Wartox

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back