Removing background from images

Alex Ross

OSNN Newbie
Hi,

I am designing a catalog however the photos have a background, for
example the pictures are of shoes but i can see the table the shoe is
sitting on and the background behind the shoe, is there a way to cut
the shoes out in Photoshop so the background is removed?

Thanks

you could also use quick mask or the tragic wand tool (set this to different tolerances for best effert) or the quick select tool, and like lord said

I highly recommend using the quick mask tool, its a bit harder than using the Lasso or the magic wand, but your results will be much better. Also you can always go back and edit your mask to make fine tune adjustments later on.

I usually use magnetic lasso and then tidy it up in quickmask - saves a bunch of time :)

In my opinion that sounds slower, but I suppose it really depends on your style. Using the quick mask tool requires a steady hand and liberal use of keyboard shortcuts to get the most out of it. Like most things to do with Photoshop, do whatever feels best to you. Once you are under the crunch of a deadline, you will discover what you are fastest at.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back