Removed SharedDocs folder from XP

H

highoct

What's up guys. I tried the tweak to remove the 'Shared' folder from XP by deleting a reg key. When I rebooted, the start bar took forever to load and there were no icons in the sys tray. I put the entry back and that fixed the start bar problem but of course the 'Shared' folder was back in there. Any suggestions?

Here's what I did...

Start regedit
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/
CurrentVersion/Explorer/MyComputer/NameSpace/
DelegateFolders.
Locate the key {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}.
Right click on it and select delete.
Reboot !

highoct

welcome to this board highoct

I moved your question to it's own thread.

I haven't done this tweak or seen this problem, so I'll let someone who has try to help you.

I do that tweak on my PC each time I've reinstalled - It really clears up "My Computer". I didnt have any problems with the start menu or taskbar after deleting the key though... works as normal.

If all else fails, reinstall windows. I mean logically the problem would be fixed when you correct what you deleted but sometimes it doesnt.

I know this wont help but why do people bother removing such small and meaningless things and end up in a state? Sorry to hear about your trouble just seems its better just to leave stuff as it is and go about surfing the net, playing games, doing your homework, or whatever else you can do with your puter :)

I use the same tweak to get rid of mine. Don't know why it causes you so much grief. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back