Remove Windows media Player

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have Windows media player 9 in my computer, I think a default windwos media player is in there as well somwhere. Is there someway I can remove these? Even just outright removing WMP9 would be enough. I would like to use simpler, better, less resource hogging dvd player and cd player apps than these behemoths. I plan on using the ATI Control panel players as my default. WMP9 won't even play DVD's because I have to pay for a codec. Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Thanks Enyo,

I did try that through the Add/Remove, but it is still there. Maybe I should try in safe mode. System restore is not enabled on my machine.

Heeter

Try this:

RWMP9.JPG

by default you cant remove media player in xp the uninstall option isnt there AFAIK but grab a proggy called atomicxp and run that

there is an option that says add more optons to add remove once you done that youll see media player as an unintall option

i have used this several times on the pro version i have no idea if it works on home

atomicxp is here

http://www.subzeropc.com/downloads/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back