Remove Cpu From Motherboard

well if its a standart CPu cooler all you do is use a srewdriver (flat) to unpin the cooler look for a notch on the tension pin thing and with the screwdriver pull away from the cpu. Once this pops off then gently jiggle the cooler loose and then you will have the cpu. Lift the resting arm for the cpu and then gently remove. Do all this carefully dont let a scredriver slip. and pull cpu straight out.

and do essentialy the same thing to get it back on.. But getting one on is a Bigger pain in the ass lol.

lol Thanx, so all this involves Cpu still on the heatsink thing yea? will i need any of that paste?

ste_w said:
lol Thanx, so all this involves Cpu still on the heatsink thing yea? will i need any of that paste?
No, first you take the heatsink off. Then you take the cpu out. Install the cpu on the new board and install the heatsink.

You may need to replace the paste, but I'll leave that recommendation to others. :)

Clean cpu make sure it's dry then apply a fine new layer. Thats what I do.

Not sure where i placed the stuff, so am i able to just put it bk on or not?

make sure when u clean it u use 90% isopropyl alcohol, and dry it with somthign that doesnt leave residue

The mixture mafia recommends sounds about right, but if you feel that it requires too much work, you can pick up a bottle of TIM-cleaner by Akasa (I think there's a few other brands, google might be a good choice). I got mine from scan.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk stock it too. You can probably find thermal paste from other retailers as well.

the best thermal paste you would wanna use is arctic silver 5 make sure ure getting the real stuff as there are fakes of it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back