remove ads from aim

or you could switch to trillian or gaim, and not have to bother with Ads at all :)

Or you could switch to Trillian, messenger2, miranda, or gaim. And, not have to worry about the bug infested, spyware, malware, pc crashing POS ..

Is this new AIM any better than the previous one ?? I had it installed for five minutes .. Thought I would have to do a reformat with all the problems it caused .. It took me a couple of days to get the crap it left behind out .. Man what a mess ..

Johnny said:
Or you could switch to Trillian, messenger2, miranda, or gaim. And, not have to worry about the bug infested, spyware, malware, pc crashing POS ..

Is this new AIM any better than the previous one ?? I had it installed for five minutes .. Thought I would have to do a reformat with all the problems it caused .. It took me a couple of days to get the crap it left behind out .. Man what a mess ..

Did you do all defaults for the installation? AIM by default has all 3rd party applications checked, but can just as easily be un-checked so it doesn't clutter your PC.

Johnny said:

You got problems if aim crashes your computer.

Last edited:
kcnychief said:
Did you do all defaults for the installation? AIM by default has all 3rd party applications checked, but can just as easily be un-checked so it doesn't clutter your PC.
All third party crap was unchecked .. I never seen a program with so much malkware, spyware, bug infested garbage in my life ..

I always thought that AIM+, with an older version of aim did a decent job, but I'm back to using Trillian now.

Johnny said:
All third party crap was unchecked .. I never seen a program with so much malkware, spyware, bug infested garbage in my life ..

Sounds like you have more computer problems if AIM gave you that much of a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back