Remove Ads for Kaza???? Working?

Do you use FAT or NTFS?
If i'm not mistaken, there's only a security tap when using NTFS.

But...i could be wrong!

yeah i couldnt find it either, but i did replace da dll file in da system32 dir. Dunno if that removes the spyware or not.

Just a thought, but u could try runnin adaware to remove da spyware in kazzaa

hope dis elpz

waddy is DUMBAZZ...why he post it....we can't find it...

Code:
Remove Ads From Kazaa
Posted on Thursday, March 07 @ 16:30:00 GMT by waddy 

Anonymous writes "Tired of all the ads at the bottom of Kazaa, not to mention the ads Kazaa causes to pop up? Here is a tweak to end all Kazaa related ads. 

1. With KaZaA closed navigate to C: Windows > System32 > AdCache 

2. Delete all files within 'AdCache', leave the 'Temp' folder but make sure it is empty 

3. Right click on the folder 'AdCache' & select properties 

4. Navigate to the Security tab 

5. In the group or user name box, select administrator, or the appropriate user (anyone who runs kazaa) 

6. In the permissions box deny write access 

7. Repeat for all necessary users and click 'OK' 

*If you don't see the Advanced tabs under Security, first DISABLE simple file sharing in order to display the necessary security tabs"

This only works for XP Pro not home edition, your drive also needs to be NTFS and you need to remove the simple file sharing check mark from the Tools-Folder Options-View menu.

Originally posted by chooch
This only works for XP Pro not home edition, your drive also needs to be NTFS and you need to remove the simple file sharing check mark from the Tools-Folder Options-View menu.

I'm not talking about File Sharing....my POINT IS REMOVE ADS for KAZA...SO.....I'm using WIn xp PRO .....Im not sue NTFS. so...WADDY did not said NTFS ONLY!

speedrayo,

it only works with NTFS, simple file sharing doesn't have anything to do with kazaa file sharing.

if you don't have NTFS and want to remove ads your gonna have to dowload the modified dll that turns off cydoor.

Originally posted by speedrayo
waddy is DUMBAZZ...why he post it....we can't find it...

Calling the admin a dumbass might not be the best idea lol :p

i cannot find any folder called adcache in my system and its xp pro and its ntfs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back