Remove ad in Kazaa

S

skauch

I did what you said in the news but when i right click on the AdCache directory and choose properties, i don't have the security tab. My XP is in French, for french user, the only tab i see is "Général" "Partage" and "Personnaliser" but in "partage", i can't click nothing and i think partage is like security but i'm not sure. so if someone can help me cause i'm very tired about the pop-ups in Kazaa.

sKaUcH

You must be using FAT32, as the Security tab is only available in NTFS

P.S.
If you are on NTFS then you may have to disable "Simple file sharing"

My hardrive is in FAT32, can i put it in NTFS without formating all the drive??

sKaUcH

Yes you can but be warned this is a one way trip once in NTFS the only way back to FAT32 is a complete wipe or buy Partition Magic 7.0

From the command line: CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS

P.S.
Change "C:" to the drive you wish to convert

Does this make a real difference? is there advantage? And will some program stop working?

sKaUcH

Its just a more secure file system.
Some programs will have problems with it.
You won't physically see a difference, except I believe 12.5% of your drive will be unusable to you, it is reserved for the file table.

Ok, and will i loss ome data when i'll convert my drive??

sKaUcH

It say : This will also delete the backup of Windows

What's this?? 'also' do it mean that it will also delete sometime else?

I have never seen this before, all a convert does is convert. I don't know why its saying that, I would NOT continue with the Convert.
Sorry I can't offer any further help

OK, I have asked the question and here's what I got back:-

1. It is possible that "Convert" may ask to delete the backup because it is FAT32 and cannot serve any purpose.
2. Are you sure it says "delete backup" and not "delete current file system".

I have two drives, one is Windows XP and other program and my second drive is for my mp3. I test it on my Mp3 drive and it says that to me. I just try it on my other drive and it didn't say the same thing. :confused:

sKaUcH

Since the AdCache folder is on the XP drive there is no problem, you can "Convert" because it doesn't say anything about "delete" on this drive.
If there is only MP3's on your other drive, there is no need to "Convert".
An NTFS Windows will happily read and use a FAT32 drive full of MP3's or anything else for that matter.

P.S.
Do you know if there is a "Backup" on this MP3 drive. I would like to know for future reference

Thanks, and i convert my mp3 drive just to test it, to see how it works.

sKaUcH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back