remove a right click listed item.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I got a link for an antivirus program listed on my right click list. I have uninstalled the program, but the link is still there. How can manually remove it?

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

If it's the "Send To" menu you are talking about, then there's a folder under Documents and Settings-> (your user name)-> SendTo. The folder is hidden, but in that folder you can add or remove things from that list.

Search for it in the registry.

First places to look
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

On a similiar note...

Is there a way to completely remove "send to" from the right click menu? I have never, even once, used send to

dreamliner77 said:
On a similiar note...

Is there a way to completely remove "send to" from the right click menu? I have never, even once, used send to

Open your registry and find or create this key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Send To

Create a new String value, or modify the existing value, called "(Default)" and set it according to the value data below.
Disabled = empty
Enabled = "{7BA4C740-9E81-11CF-99D3-00AA004AE837}"

Since you want to disable Send To, you will want to make the string blank for that registry key. That should do it for ya! :)

It is not in the "Sendto" list.

It is a "Scan with PandaAntivirus" link directly on the right-click list.

Yoyo,
Thanks a alot, I found them all. I did a reg search and found a few more as well.
Thanks a million.

Heeter

Glad you got it Heeter. dreamliner77, did you get Send To removed?

not yet, haven't dug into it yet. I'm still about 4 hours into a defrag of my audio drive.

Here is a reigistry file to wipe the 'Send to' menu, its posted in the 'favourite tweaks' thread as well.

**outdated link removed, this file is now part of 'My Scripts & Regs'**
Download Part 1
Download Part 2

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back