Remote Desktop

D

domcelyea

I have three machines. Two are XP and one is Win98. All three are networked and communicating fine. Remote Desktop is working on the two XP machines. I just put a keyboard and mouse on one in order to use one monitor. However, how do I get connected to the Win98 machine desktop, so I can get rid of that monitor. Is there a software out there for Win98 that I can connect to it with Remote Desktop.

Microsoft Terminal Services does not work on Windows 98. You would need WinVNC, which is a 3rd party utility.

The only downside to it is that it requires its own client program. I would recomend using this on all machines (XP and 98) to avoid using one client to connect to XP machines and one for 98 machines.

Get WinVNC from http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

JJB6486

VNC is a dog compared to Terminal Services/Remote Desktop. If possible, just upgrade the Win9X workstation or get a KVM switch.

/me agrees.

Your last option is to run both XP machines through TS from the 98 machine (but who in the hell would really wanna do that?? =)
/L.A

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back