remote desktop connection?

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i am trying to do a remote connection between my PC and my laptop, i got everything microsoft said to have but it does not work, they say that you should have the right ports open for this to happen, what are thoes ports??? i am connecting to my oc through a router and both running at 200mb/s. the ip's are all right and the user name and pass are right, anyone know what i can do??

i have a similar setup. a linksys router going to my gaming machine, my ftp server, my wife's desktop and my wife's laptop.

i connect to my ftp server via my gaming machine with remote desktop (lan) and simply had to set up accounts on both computers. never had to deal with ip addys.

i can also connect to my gaming machine while at work using remote desktop. in this case, i have to input the wan ip that road runner assigns me into the connect window of remote desktop.

it sounds like you're on a lan...in which case you'll need to set up accounts on both computers and add them to the remote desktop lists. under the general tab of the remote desktop window, put the computer name...not the ip addy.

*reboot both machines and it should work.

if it doesn't, drop me an email and i'll send you some screenies of how i have mine set up.

What is not working? Are you getting the login window?

Did you check to make sure that you selected the usernames you wanted in the Remote preferences (Control Panel -> System -> Remote tab)?

If you are getting a login window, it sounds like that is what the problem may be.

koko - i am running almost the same thing as you, over the network, there is an account on both machines and when i browse for computers it says that

the ******_**** domain/workgroup does not contain any terminal servers

everything is installed on both machines so i dont know what is going wrong can you help

Strokemouth - i ahve all that set up right according to microsoft

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back