Remote Connections

X

xerox999

Hi,

I need to be able to connect to from my work computer windows NT to my home computer windows XP.

I only have access to port 80 at work well i think it is anyway, we connect via a proxy. Also
active X seems to be disabled and is not
an option to use, hence Remote desktop using IIS wont
work. I have tried this already.
Given that only port 80 is the only option for outbound traffic is there any options to get this to work, ie using remote desktop, VNC or any other remote working tool.

When I carry out out a netstat on my NT machine I get the following:

TCP <localmachine>:4026 <server>:80

The localmachine port changes all the time. I dont understandwhat ports I can use for remote access. I have tried all the possible apps, VNC< RDP, RemoteAdministrator.

Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance

you prolly won'y be able to use remote desktop. it defaults to port 3389.

in addition, you'll need to d/l and install remote desktop client for your windows nt machine.

guess if i were you, i'd try vnc.

You can change the listening Port on Remote Desktop.
Read about it here.

Port 80 can, in most cases, be used.
But you need to have the Remote Desktop Client installed on the NT machine, and set up the .rdp file accordingly to use port 80, see the above link.

Let me know if it works :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back