Remote assistant

R

rperre

Hi, does anybody know how to turn off the questions asked to the remote assistant computer, like:
Do you want to let this person see your desktop and chat with you?
And:
Do you wish to let <user> take control of your computer?

The thing is that I travel a lot and want to be able to get on my computer at home by remote assistant while nobody is there, is this possible.

I really don't want to install some other program for it! But if I have to I will.

LATER

Originally posted by rperre
Hi, does anybody know how to turn off the questions asked to the remote assistant computer, like:
Do you want to let this person see your desktop and chat with you?
And:
Do you wish to let <user> take control of your computer?

The thing is that I travel a lot and want to be able to get on my computer at home by remote assistant while nobody is there, is this possible.

I really don't want to install some other program for it! But if I have to I will.

LATER
i dont think this is possible...i think there needs to be someone there (2-way) for remote assistance to work....

However, you CAN use Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Connection once u set it up and connect to your pc at home and have full control.... :p

unfortunately I havent done this yet, but it can be done in xp pro ... give it a try, it should do exaclty what u want

I think someone from work does it, I'll ask how it's done and let ya know.

Like the fella said. Remote Desktop, or Terminal Services is the only way to go for what you want to do. The best way to do it as well. I use it all the time on my home network. Less monitors that way! :)

for your reasons of using it you'd want to use remote desktop and not remote assistance, but if anyone is at the computer when you login it will boot thier acct off and log you on so ya might wanna call home first and warn hehe

Call and warn first!!?? What's the fun in that ;) . There is nothing like instilling a little fright and or parranoia on an unsuspecting user. I freak out my wife from time to time. (No wise cracks please)

to use remote desktop use must have xp pro.... get to your system properties (winkey+pause/break)... go to Remote Tab.... check the checkbox under Remote Desktop section. Select the user name you want to be able to connect remotely.... the user must have passwd. You might want to click the learn more about Remote Desktop link.

then on the remote computer where you want to access your xp computer you have 2 ways to connect. First using the remote desktop client that comes with xp pro cd. it is already installed on xp at start menu->Accessories->Communication->Remote Desktop Connections... enter your computer info(ip) and your user/passwd....

the second way is to use IE and connect to your computer at home... just type http://[your ip]/tsweb/

http://[your ip]/tsweb/ is only enabled if the IIS webserver is installed.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back