Remote Assistance

• Thread starter Shooter1973
  • Start date
S

Shooter1973

I've done all the Windows Updates, disabled the firewall, and I can't seem to assist someone else with their computer. I've made sure they've done the same also. Is there something I'm missing?

hmm

go to Start > Run...
Services.msc

In the Right window, Sort by Name, and for every service that starts with "Remote", right click, go to Properties, and set the Startup Type to Automatic. click OK, and restart your computer. make sure the other person does the same thing. I think the only one you really need to set to automatic is Remote Desktop Help Session Manager, but I'm not sure. There may be other services that don't start with Remote that you need enabled. Look through the list for candidates. Make sure you set the same services to automatic on the other person's system, too.

could there be any other problems excluding firewall? i just can't seem to get it to work...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back