Remote assistance in XP

M

mylarache

Hello everybody,
Iam using Win XP Pro.I have an other Pc using win98(2 edition).My problem is that i can not use the default remote assistance which deliverd bij win XP . I ve tried with Remote administrator 2.1 and it works perfect (From xp to 98 and not in reverse).
My question is how can I use the default remote assistance between win xp and win 98?
Thank's for help
Larache

You cannot, it's meant to be an XP to XP connection, it's not made to be used with other operating systems sorry man

I have tried with my mate on xp pro and i am on xp home and it dos,nt work.

I believe it only works on Pro to Pro,any thoughts on this?

as long as you both have remote assitance running correctly, one set to recieve the invitation and one sending the invitation it should work fine, do you have your or XP's firewall up

No way!!

It does not work. I have no firewall. It works just from xp to xp.or from other operaing sytem to xp (you should install the client on other pc.You can find the client on xp cdrom).But it does not work from XP to the client . Please look to the attachement , there you can see which fout i receive . If somebody knows any solution please tell me.
Thank's
Lrache

You are trying to use remote desktop connection, not remote assistance. And no, it does not work with other operating systems. You can connect to a box running XP pro from a box running XP home, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95. Not vice versa.
/Lactic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back