Remote Assistance Enabled?

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Everyone: Should the "Allow this Computer to be Controlled Remotely" be Enabled? I mean, isn't this something that just needs to be enabled Only if you are letting someone take over your pc when it needs special work done to fix it? I can still access my pc from another pc if it is disabled, can't I? I feel that if it is enabled, can't any hacker take it over? Maybe i am out of line with all this, but i just don't know! Tom

Not that there aren't vulnerabilities in Remote Desktop, however, in order for someone to control or even see what is going on in your machine via this service, you have to invite them to do so. The recipient is sent an asp token good only for the amount of time you specify and then you have to validate them just to look at what you are doing when they attempt to use it. They have to be give permission again in order to take remote control of your machine.

I'm sure it's not a perfect system, but as long as you stay fully patched, you ought to be alright.

On the other side, I'm not sure there is a detriment to disallowing Remote Assistance unless you need it.

thewraith, Thank You for the information, just trying to get as many facts as i can! Tom

Go to blkviper.com. This site will have any running service you need to know about. Great site!

steffals, Thank you for the site, I will be taking a look at it when i get home on Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back