Remote access share?

• Thread starter sshenriksen
  • Start date
S

sshenriksen

Hey Guys.
First things first. Thank you far a wonderful site ful of inspiration. I have a little problem with the sharing of my files on our local network. I have read a lot of posts about this, and I have tried everything there. My problem is that I can ad a password to a folder after disabeling "simple file sharing", but then nobody can read these files from any other computer. How do they log on to my PC, and when will it ask for their password?

I hope you can and will be kind to help me here.

If the clients are Windows 2000/XP it will prompt you for a username and password when you open the share. In Windows 95/98 clients, you need to enter a valid username and password into the Client For Microsoft Networks login screen.

JJB6486

But what do they need to use the account that I created? It seems that eventhough I created their usernames with password, when they try to log on they just get the message they aren't allowed on that space or whatever. How do I set up remote access? (just in case I messed something up)

If on Windows 2000/XP:

Open the share and enter the password at the prompt.

If on Windows 95/98:

When the comptuer boots up enter the username and password into thje Client For Microsoft Networks logon box (the one that coems up before you get to the desktop).

That is where you put the username and password for the account. If you enter the user and password wrong, improperly, or not at all, you will get the "access denied" message.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back