Remote Access Behind a router....

C

cashishift

i was wondering how to setup remote desktop behind a router, basically i have 3 pcs's all behind a Linksys BEFSR41 router. the problem is, when behind the internal network.. (all comps have IP addresses starting at 192.168.blah) and i can't seem to get the remote features working.. so how do i setup the router, so i can use pc's on my network, be able to do stuff on them.
also, is it possible to connect to friends computers who are also behind routers?
are there any posts on here that might explain this better for me? kinda confused!!

You have to open the port on the firewall and forward it to the computer you want to connect to.

glad I checked this thanks open_source that should solve my problem.

I have the same problem...

We have two computers on the network.
External ip is 185.etc
PC 1 has ip 10.0.0.2
PC 2 has ip 10.0.0.3

Connected through a HUB.

Using Norton Firewall

How do I "forward port" to one computer?
And if I do that , can I do the same on the other computer, and be able to connect to both?

using the linksys router type 192.168.1.1 in web browser address bar

then it should ask for login and pass
password probably is "admin" if you havent changed it
from there u can forward all the ports u want

dunno about the forwarding ports to two comps tho....wonderin that myself
maybe if forward the ports twice.....hmmmm

What ports do I forward?
(not using a linksys router, but a mini-hub, see my network setup here )

so forwarding ports 3389-3389 should work?

i got it to work within the network, or behind the router if you will, now i am wondering how i can connect from a friends house say.. and both parties have routers.. ??

btw thanks elderec.. posts were helpful.. i still need to read it a few more times.. to make sure i am getting everything understood ok.

ok, i got it working, from work, and from inside my computer, quite easy to get working from either.

my next question.. can you make it so when you connect to someone.. say an internal pc in my home network, or anyone for that matter, can you make it so they can see what you are doing also.. or..?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back