Remember when XP ERIENCE used to be awesome

F

FatesWarning

I remember visiting this site numerous times a day just to see what was new. You guys used to have news bits constantly updated about new detonator drivers that were out, new via 4in1 drivers, ect. and lots of cool information. Now, the site is slow to load and nothing I want to read is posted in the news anymore, What happened??

I spend alot of time reading Reviews/Tweaks/New hardware If i knew people wanted to read this then i would post some links to the best stuff in the forums.

Also i like this site generally friendly helpfull and (i am not being swayed in any way)the best Xp forum around....i am a member on many others and they suck or no one helps or they are just of limited knowledge.

Site is slow at times and i thought this was getting resolved ?,but i can wait a few seconds for a page to load.

Maybe your a bit more net savvy and tend to have a more limited scope on the type of websites you visit now....so you are often let down if your looking for new developments every day.

moved to problems and feedback

FatesWarning, could you give us a little more info on what you want to see more of? I am sure we could include more of the info that you want or need.

BTW, the speed of the site will improve soon.

There is no doubt that speed considerations (lack of) have made an impact to the whole experience. Pages are very slow to load in comparison to other sites using the same or similar software. It’s also not as aggressive as it used to be (have they all been banned?) which used to generate lots of replies to posts etc. XP post service pack one is more stable and most of the questions regarding delving into the inner core of XP have been answered. In the run-up to Christmas I would expect it to slow down a bit anyway followed by a surge just after as new XP users try out their new systems.

Can’t think of any other reason except maybe that references to the site carried out by the spiders (search engine web crawls) seem not to have worked recently (this is how I found this site in the first place).

:)

Yes, Marge I have no complaints about you either - oh we weren't talking about you! ;)

Seriously - for my two cents worth - let me say:

I could care less about all the new detonator drivers and 4 in 1's etc. That's not my bag so to speak - however I know some people are really into these things and are constantly looking for the "peak performance" (or just to out do someone else in a speed test) - so I can understand and respect their desire to get the latest news in those areas. I personally just skip over those threads with that type of subject.

I am one of those "old men" who are satisfied to just plug along without any major probelms on my machine and be able to keep it running - even if I could download a new driver and have it take a nanosecond less to load my response.

Yes, we have slowed down - but I'm hanging in here - knowing (and appreciating that) there are folks working on this and it will eventually all be worth the wait.

So for those folks (what should I say) needing to obtain more of the "latest and greatest" technical knowledge, if this forum does not suit your needs, perhaps it's time for you to post more of the news info you seek in the appropriate areas - rather than hoping someone else researches and finds it for you!
:eek:

I can tell you that waddy purchased a new server this evening which will store both the site and the database, with a gig of ram which should be more than we need.

We will be setting it all up as soon as possible, once this problems are out of the way we will be adding as much content as we can. We have outgrown the current hosts and are suffering because of it.

Hey Ya'll - sorry if it sounded like I was ranting in my last post - I felt I had to speak my mind and if I offended anyone I am sorry.

But it just gripes my a$$ when someone with a whole 14 posts since March comes on here and complains - could not have spent much time here!

<dy - shut up - now you have to apologize again>

Sorry again! :eek: :eek:

i still have XpErience as my homepage, runs all the time, great source of tips/news/interest (who can forget our friend with the burning ***** the other day).

Speed ain't a drama, it's just a huge site, for sure my first port of call for XP problems

Posted by FatesWarning
I remember visiting this site numerous times a day just to see what was new. You guys used to have news bits constantly updated about new detonator drivers that were out, new via 4in1 drivers, ect. and lots of cool information. Now, the site is slow to load and nothing I want to read is posted in the news anymore, What happened??

January the 1st 2003 XP-erience.org will charge every member here for 50 bucks yearly if he/she asks for help/more news.
if you don't like to pay then this site will remain the same so you have to choose , remember that the XP-erience team is doing this for free :mad: they have kids/ladies to spend time with..
ouh by the way all checks/cash must be send to Octopus ( me :) )
thanks for your cooperation.

well I am for one concerned, because I was under the impression we were suppling cutting edge news on drivers, new software, news on XP, and a host of other issues, so I am confused on this issue.

None of us are paid to do this, we do it simply because we like to help people. I know EP and Jewelzz and Mdsalih and the rest of the team spend hours a day either posting news, researching news, upgrading the site, or monitoring the forums, etc.

and like xsivforce said if there is some items you would like to see added or brought back, feel free to offer suggestions, but to complain about the site is really not helping the situation.

this is my opinion only and not xp-erience.org opinion

cool.gif

Posted by xsivforce
madmatt is going to get you for that. :confused:

Naa , i think i'm covered as long as i don't give them to other people...

Posted by xsivforce
madmatt is going to get you for that. :confused:

Just stick it out FatesWarning. It will be improving soon. ;)

what is it? this site or yours :p

i'm in it for the cookies too.. never actually seen any yet though but i'm assured they are here somewhere..

/me wonders off aimlessly trying to find the cookies....

*sups coffee & eats cake*

Cake is superiour to cookies im afriad
and coffee > *

:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back