Reliability

N

neo090282

Does anybody know of any benchmarking toolls that will check the hardware set up throughout my system and my Windows XP set-up.

As i'm finding recently windows XP is un-reliable.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Don't mean to disagree, but XP is extremely reliable. If you are having problems with it please provide a little more info about the specific problems you are having (and any relevant error messages you may be getting) and your HW setup.

I agree with allan I have been using windows XP for nearly a year (beta versions included) and found it extremely reliable - but unlike Windows98 it needs a little more understanding of the system - so you are able to fix any issues.
This is a great place to get help from - use it :D

I agree totally, I mean I have friends that have no issues with Xp at all.

One such regular error is:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x84E51046, 0x00000001, 0xBF86FA7B, 0x00000000)

WIN32k.SYS - ADDRESS BF86FA7B BASE AT BF800000, DATESTAMP 3B7DE698

Thats one of them,, the is another that i havnt been able to write down but that was an IRQNOT LESS OR EQUAL or something.

I havn't got a ninja b**tard PC or anything, but my mates have got lower spec PC's and it works fine, its really beginning to trouble me.

You watch - I will get the BSOD in the next hour - however I have had this new puter since Feb 8th (no - I am not up 24/7 - only about 12 hours per day average) and have never seen a BSOD - my old Compaq (on Win98)was a regular crasher at about every 4 hours!

I guess I might consider XP reliable!

:)

It sounds like your memory could be bad or something. I had a 128 MB piece that was incompatible with my system and it got recogonized as 256 MB so the OS would try to use the 128 MB that wasn't there and gave much the same error. That was with Windows ME though.

How can I tell if it is, it does seem to recognize it ok during Bios check and in Windows? Anyway of being sure??

I thought a page fault would be more to do with the page file or is it to do with phsyical memory?

you could try borrowing some ram from a friend or something... i'm not sure which it would have to do with.. page file or physical memory

right click on my computer & select properties, recognised ram is listed there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back