Reinstalling XP...But how do I reactivate??

F

FrenchBerliner

I'm planning to reinstal XP family edition...
But I have a problem about the activation stuff...Because of course after 30 days Windows will ask me to do it or it's not gonna run anymore...
So here's the question:
Do I activate it like if I never did it...? Will this work?
Or is there a tip to avoid the activation?
Because I heard that there's a small file on the hard disk that appears only if I activated my Windows and all I have to do is to save this file on a floppy and paste it in my brand new reinstalled system...Is it true??
And where is this file? What is its name?

I hope I can get some help from U all

FB

The files name is WPA.dbl, and save it RIGHT BEFORE you do the re-install. And even if you do need to re-activate it, it only takes a few secs and in a worse case scenario you have to call MS and they only take a minute to get you up and running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back