Reinstalled windows and hibernation doesn't work

ravermyc

OSNN One Post Wonder
I recently reinstalled windows and now my hibernation doesn't work. There is no button in the turn off computer promp, and there isn't a tab for hibernation in the power managment. I can't standby either. Help!

Something like this happend to me awhile back, I posted here and nobody could figure it out. Perhaps you need to update video drivers, I know they are required for standby, so its worth a try. Also have you been shutting off services? Sometimes those are needed for this sort of thing :p

Welcome ravermyc. :D

See how this goes>>>

Display Hibernate Option on the Shut Down Dialog

For some reason, Hibernate isn't available from the default Shut Down dialog. But you can enable it simply enough, by holding down the SHIFT key while the dialog is visible. Now you see it, now you don't!

Can't try it myself as hibernation is disabled for me.

Here's a bit more>>

Manually Put Your Computer into Hibernation

Hibernation is a cool feature in Windows XP that is 'hidden' in the Shut Down dialog box. If you have enabled hibernation on your computer, you can manually place it into hibernation. But first, it must be enabled. To enable hibernation support on your computer, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators or Power Users group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent this procedure. Here's how you do it:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Power Options.
2. Click the Hibernate tab, and then select the Enable hibernate support check box. If the Hibernate tab is not available, your hardware does not support this feature.
3. Click OK to close the Power Options dialog box.
Note: When you put your computer into hibernation, everything in computer memory is saved on your hard disk. When you turn the computer back on, all programs and documents that were open when you turned the computer off are restored on the desktop.

Here's a shortcut to hibernate:
- hold down shift key in the shutdown dialog, then hit ENTER
- or just hit H
- or make your power button do hibernate through the Power Options dialog

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back