Reinstall XP home

P

pepper

Can anyone tell me the best way to save my data files before a reinstall of xp,every time xp starts there's an error msg "nt write center need to close".

my restore disc will only let me do a full intall with format.

any ideas?

Welcome pepper. :) If you have partitions you can save your downloads, documents, etc to there. Have you got a burner? How long has the error been occuring?

Thx,I have a second drv that means to go though every dir to do a drag & drop to save.Is there a better way?the error have been for about a month,everythings seems to work OK.How do I save the favorites list from ie? thanks

The IE favorites are located in C:\Documents and Setting\(insert user name here)\favorites
just copy the direcory

Seeing as it is only a month why not try doing a system restore? It might correct the problem. Still backup the stuff you want to keep though......for safe keeping.

Do you have any clue what this "nt write center" refers to? Maybe it is one of your startup applications that crashes. Go to Start - Run type: msconfig and look under startup if you can find something.

the error happen after I setup a second user,I try doing a restore right after that ,but came back after I try setup for a second user again,so I just give up.the name of the error is "Instant Write Control-Center NT" Instant Write Control-Center NT has encountered a problem and needs to close......any clues?

Instant Write seems to be a packet writing software similar to InCd or DirectCd, which allows you to use a rewritable cd like a big floppy. Obviously Instant Write doesn't manage multi-user environments. Guess you'll have the choice to either uninstall it or stick with one user account. To uninstall such kind of software it might be necessary to stop its process in taskmanager first.

try to copy doc & setting but cannot copy <ntuser.dat>,access denied.Any ideas?

ntuser.dat and ntuser.dat.LOG are the physical files that represent the CurrentUser hive of the registry. I really would not try to copy them back after a reinstall.

yes, incd best choice, copy the directory of your name user,doc ...
the partage of the all doc soluce the access denied

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back