Registry confirmation.

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
When importing a registry entry, Windows Always asks for confirmation. How do I disable this?

Same here. I do a lot of importing and gets tired of facing those "Do you want to import....?" messeges.

At HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command you change the value to regedit.exe /s "%1"

This is dangerous. If you want to avoid accidently merging reg files you might think of making edit the default command. That's the way I prefer it. That would be: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell default = edit.
Doubleclicking then opens the file in notepad, rightclick to merge it.

To merge only a particular reg file silently you can use a batch file and use the regedit /s command or directly write to the registry using the REG command.

indeed...seems very foolish to remove that "safeguard" because one might not have enough energy to click "yes" or "no" but then to each there own....hope we don't see a post..."Help...How do I fix my Registry" :rolleyes:

I import registry settings when logging off so it's essential to have this automated. It's not a simple case of not having enough energy to click yes/no

I would keep the confirmation since I don't want any unknown registry entries modifying my system.

That's all very well but realistically, what is the likelihood of me acidentally importing a bad registry entry? I'd have to open dodge email attachments and if I did the registry entry would be imported silently anyway.

I don't worry about my registry being modified as I have Norton Ghost images in case and I have Windows XP Home Edition and Professional on a dual boot partition.

Imaging is ideal. Unfortunately, Norton Ghost and Driveimage are incompatible with my striped dynamic volumes and no one in this forum has been able to figure out a solution !!!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back