• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Registry confirmation.

J

Jason Roberts

Same here. I do a lot of importing and gets tired of facing those "Do you want to import....?" messeges.

yoyo

At HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command you change the value to regedit.exe /s "%1"

This is dangerous. If you want to avoid accidently merging reg files you might think of making edit the default command. That's the way I prefer it. That would be: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell default = edit.
Doubleclicking then opens the file in notepad, rightclick to merge it.

To merge only a particular reg file silently you can use a batch file and use the regedit /s command or directly write to the registry using the REG command.

J

jroc

indeed...seems very foolish to remove that "safeguard" because one might not have enough energy to click "yes" or "no" but then to each there own....hope we don't see a post..."Help...How do I fix my Registry" :rolleyes:

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
I import registry settings when logging off so it's essential to have this automated. It's not a simple case of not having enough energy to click yes/no

D

Daviepants

I would keep the confirmation since I don't want any unknown registry entries modifying my system.

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
That's all very well but realistically, what is the likelihood of me acidentally importing a bad registry entry? I'd have to open dodge email attachments and if I did the registry entry would be imported silently anyway.

J

Jason Roberts

I don't worry about my registry being modified as I have Norton Ghost images in case and I have Windows XP Home Edition and Professional on a dual boot partition.

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
Imaging is ideal. Unfortunately, Norton Ghost and Driveimage are incompatible with my striped dynamic volumes and no one in this forum has been able to figure out a solution !!!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies