Registry clean up

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I have had a few programs on and off my pc but i think that my registry needs a good scrubbing. Whats the best and most reliable registry cleaner that would b*llz up my pc.

No such thing. The "best" registry cleaners require that the user know what he or she is doing or they will delete entries they shouldn't. Yes, they create backup files - but that pretty much defeats the purpose of using the registry cleaner in the first place in my opinnion.

I prefere manually scanning and editing the registry (after creating a backup copy, of course).

ok thanks but i'm not 100% sure what to delete so i'll just leave it alone.

Reg Cleaner

The above mentioned site for the reg cleaner is an excellent software that is not only free but also does a very good job of cleaning with back up. I never needed to use the back up. Just install and click on registry clean under do them all. When complete confindently press to select all entries and delete. Many programs installed when uninstalled either from the control panel or with the uninstaller that comes with them do not clean up the registry entries thoroughly. Reg Cleaner does it for you. Just try it I have been using it for a very long time and I am very happy with it.

And when Help & Support stop working, remember you heard it here first. :cool:

allan is correct, if you don't know what you're getting rid of, your better off leaving the registry alone.

for instance, I use a registry cleaner that will in fact nuke my help and support unless I exclude the "help".

now, if you want to experiment, not only are there backup files, but again most of these programs send the files to the recycle bin, so, if the backup file doesn't work, you can return the files from the bin.

be forwarned, however, some items might become corrupt, adn you won;t know it for some time to come.

for instance, some restore points can become corrupt from this process...this has happened to me, and I presumeably know what I'm doing.

since that time, I ndon't clean the registry unless I'm very satisfied that I won't be needing a prior restore point, and then, afer I clean, I create a restore point immediately

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back