Regedit

N

Not Bman

In one of the tutorials to change the name of the recycle bin, it says to go to Regedit. ????

What and where is that ??

once you start playing with the registry, you're not going to wann stop;

put the regedit shortcut on your desktop with this target;

C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe

Yes totally agree, with dealer, also back up the registry, before u muck it up.

:cool:

ok now 2 things, i cant find the recycle bin, is it called recycle bin or something else ??
WHere do i change the name, does somebody know it step by step that could tell me ???

Second thing is how do u back up the registry ??

b man...all these are tweaks on the my favorite tweak thread...very cool thread, and lots of fun to read, but if you don't want to go thumbing around, download the zip that's on that thread...unbelievable

thanks but i still cant seem to find the things i want, there is too much, i cant find the recycle bin!!?!?!??

ok, back to the topic;
Now, I have to tell you, I Know very little about the user interface, and I havn't done much here, but I JUST HAD TO RENAME MY "RECYCLE BIN"...sheeesh, who came up with "recycle bin"
...it's a trash can, or garbage can, or trash, or you can even call it "dealer", but you can not call it "recycle bin", so here's how to give yourself access to re nameing it.

hit that regedit shortcut you have on your desktop by now, and go here;

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder

change "Attributes" to show 50,01,00,20
change "CallForAttributes" to show 00000000

now you just right click on the bin, and "re name" becomes available.

i forgot to back up my data, what is the original number for the things u said to change ??

1.) right click on your desktop, click New> Text Document.
2.) Open the document up.
3.) Paste the following code in it:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645F F040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder] "Attributes"=hex:70,01,00,20 "CallForAttributes"=dword:00000000

4.) Save the document as 'rename.reg' without the quotes.
5.) Run rename.reg
6.) After that you should be able to rename your recycle bin just like my computer or my documents.

;)

o_87

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back