Reg Cleaners

CoasterCowboy

NTFS Junkie
There was a thread recently on reg cleaners, i can remember that JV Powertools was recommended, but suggestions/recommendations on any other utils will be greatly accepted.

CC

I'd recommend Reg Supreme
It's an awesome app, but doesn't come free.
You can however download a free 30 day trial,
so it will give you a chance to see if it's what you want.

Be carefull with any or these tools...many of them find "useless" values that are actually purposefull.

often times yu will remove an entry, a month or so later, something isn't working the way it's supposed to, and you won't even assoicate the two events, though they are cause and affect

for instance, in the beginning, some of these regcleaners corupted restore.

so months later, when a restore couldn't be aquired, it was hard to figure out why the files were corrupt

things like this

try not to use the bulk removal, just do the search, then make individual decisions as to what stays and goes

now this is harder then it sounds, since some of these are going to find like 400 "useless" entries

just be carefull

Great point perris. I've tried several reg cleaners that after I cleaned with them they deleted a critical file that was needed to run a program. This happened after it indicated the file appeared safe to delete. The best and safest reg cleaner I have used and still do is
RegCleaner

Another vote for RegSupreme. :)
Never had a problem using it. I don't use it too often though...just about a couple of times each month.

For alot of folks, that would be very often. Most people don't even defrag half that often.

I've used reg clean and like it though I don't clean in that part of the system as often as maybe should. as for defrag that gerenally happens anytime my system goes to screen saver

Yep - RegSupreme "Pro" is da bomb .. It is regcleaner, jv16, and regcleaner in one .. :)

Are there any RegCleaners that will actually make "backups" of the entries it cleans out? For that "just in case" senario that perris brought up. This way you could re-enter the entry into your Regestry.

gonaads said:
Are there any RegCleaners that will actually make "backups" of the entries it cleans out? For that "just in case" senario that perris brought up. This way you could re-enter the entry into your Regestry.

Registry First Aid does, can't speak for any of the others :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back