Refresh rate???

B

busto

What's a good refresh rate for a 19 inch monitor on a gforce 2 400 64 MB...i have the 27.42 drivers installed and should I up it the 27.70 drivers???

there is no such thing really as a "good refresh rate" the best refresh rate is whatever your monitor's highest refresh rate is. and that varies with resolution, my monitor is 17" and my highest refresh rate at 1280 by 1024 is 60hz, yet at 1024 by 786 my refresh rate can reach 85hz.

so just set your refreshrate to the highest for each resolution if you are using the nvidia refresh rate fix

I (of course) agree with Qumahlin, but would like to add that the higher refresh rates obviously look better. Lower than 65-70 you'll notice a flickering (esp. under flourescent lights) that is annoying and causes fatigue (so I've heard). BUT, setting it too high can damage the monitor or at least shorten it's life substantially.

ScriptAsylum is right. although the flickering is a thing of the past unless you use a REALLY old monitor, my normal refresh is 1280 by 1024 at 60hz.

As for damage to the monitor N-E-V-E-R manually set a refresh rate higher then your monitor's maximum, most monitors nowadays will not let you do this anyone, they will automatically revert to the working on or you'll get a black screen with a box that says frequency out of range.

My friend set his monitor a few years ago to a high refresh rate which it didn't support and it wasn't longer then 2 days before the monitor fried!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back