Refresh Rate to high in some games

S

Son-Of-Liberty

I have a crappy moniter and a good computer and i ahve installed warcraft 3 and the splinter cell demo and i cat play them becasue they start out with a refresh rate to hight or the resolution is to high does anyone know how to get around this or a program for it.

Your monitor res. should be at 800x600 or higher any lower will force software acceleration. Most 3d games now must have the support of video card acceleration in order to play

it is a 1024-768 and a refresh rate of 60hertz that is the best it can do but when i start the game everything gets all blurry like i have the game set to high but i have never been able to set the specs on it because they were to high in the first place.

well if you have an Nvidia card download there newest drivers and in the options you can force certain refresh rates at certain res. If you don't have an Nvidia card check the manufac. page if they have any kind of fix for an issue like this and if that doesn't work u might poke around in the .inf files in the game directory to see if theres something in it that pertains to your res and refresh rate.

I had this problem with warcraft 3 on my old monitor (very old). I think there is a registry key, around HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard....?
Something like that, and there is an entry for the refresh rate in their somewhere. Haven't got it installed at the moment so can't say exactly :) have a poke around anyways. Just change the value that pertains to your resolution down to 60hz or whatever your monitor supports.
And for some other games have a look around the .ini files for refresh rate settings as krux said.

this may help you run "dxdiag" BTW this is with direct x 8.1 then go to the more help tab and click override button but be careful as you can damage you monitor as it states check out the screenshot:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back