Refresh my computer

copterdude

OSNN Newbie
I have a weird problem with my XP Pro "my computer" refresh. The problem is in the refresh of the DVD drives. When a disc is inserted it shows what the disc is but when I eject the disc it still shows the name and contents of the disc as if it was still in the drive. When a different disc is inserted in the drive it then does not refresh to the new data and still shows the data of the previous disc but is not availible to access. I have tried unloading the drives from the system in Device Manager and rebooting and letting Windows find the drives again. Once the system has booted up again the same problem cycles again. Both drives are affected with this problem. The drives are Sony. One is a DRU-510A and the other is a DRU-720A. Both have firmware update to the latest. Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I downloaded and ran the Microsoft Autofix program and all seems to be working now. BTW I did several months ago disable the Autorun on both drives to prevent auto opening of DVD movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back