Reformat Win XP

H

hecdi

What is the recommended time frame to reformat the HD (Win XP)?

Reformat the HDD.... that would a matter of seconds if you use the Quick format feature on the WinXP cd.

To format/install WinXP... 30 minutes - 1 hour.

There is no recommended time frame. I know some people who reformat monthly and others only if and when necessary. I fit into the latter category.

Yes, a reformat allows you to start from scratch with a clean system and registry, but I'm from the school that says "If it ain't broke......."

It's up to the individual user.

Thanks, Allan. Once I heard that you should reformat the HDD at least twice a year.

Originally posted by hecdi
Thanks, Allan. Once I heard that you should reformat the HDD at least twice a year.
Not from my perspective

And you're welcome:)

Twice a year.... hell I do it every few months. It depends on how much crud is piled up on your pc and if you actually notice any slowdowns.

no time frame at all. as long as you like......... ive had some go life of computer...(years)

Originally posted by spikemic
no time frame at all. as long as you like......... ive had some go life of computer...(years)
Didn't I say that?

so? you should be happy i agreed with you now you know your opinion agrees with mine and we both might have the best answer........

dont be so self rightious

Originally posted by hecdi
Once I heard that you should reformat the HDD at least twice a year.

I heard that too... but the conversation also included the term "Windows 98" lol

WinXP can go for a long time without any problems... if you notice slowdown, try defragmenting the harddrive and cleaning off some of the old programs you never use anymore.

Personally, I reinstall when the PC goes ass up rather than every now and then. (I have been known to have reinstalled my PC cuz I was bored and had nothing to do rofl)

Originally posted by TechSupport
I heard that too... but the conversation also included the term "Windows 98" lol

WinXP can go for a long time without any problems... if you notice slowdown, try defragmenting the harddrive and cleaning off some of the old programs you never use anymore.

Personally, I reinstall when the PC goes ass up rather than every now and then. (I have been known to have reinstalled my PC cuz I was bored and had nothing to do rofl)

Don't forget the reg cleaners and whatnot.

Yes boredom is a killer, I need to take my rig up north with me tomorrow. A few days ago I was so bored I just had a fiddle like usual and corrupted my system32 dir.

Mad rush to get it up and running again.... not good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back