Refitting Athlon to heatsink

smaragd

OSNN Newbie
Dear sir i have had to change my motherboard which has made it nessisary to refit the heatsink to my Athlon 3200 400fsb processor. i have only used the normal seating compound fitted to the heatsink supplied with the chip when first fitted , is it ok just to reasemble as is or do i need to obtain extra heat compound to reasemble. thanks

Dear Honoured Gentleman,

In this time of great trouble for our country i find it heartening i can harken to the aid of my follow countryman.

When you say that you used the normal seating compound, by which i take it to mean the heat compound or as otherwise reffered to as the sillica or thermal paste. Do you mean to infer by way of luton, dear sir, that the compound is the compound that came with the heatsink, and in which conjecture i can surmise, if it isn't too bold sir that it is the compound that is and was on the heatsink previous to this upgrade, if that conjecture proves true, then i would say to you sir, to allay any fears one might have at this most troublesome time, that you must buy new compound and duly clean the ripened compound from said heatsink throroughly sir, to help mitigate heat buildup in the future use of said heatsink and facilitate the dissipation of future over heating of the heatsink.

Kindly yours Dear Kind sir, Lord Lancer the III

Dear Lord Lancer!! many thanks for the trouble taken to put Quill to parchment in a gallant effort to aid my situation. You are a gentleman sir my pleasure to make your aquantance

Dear Sir,

You are most welcome and i commend you on your endevours. :)

Fun ain't it! :)

Now that is worthy of the weirdest conversation of the week award!

hehe i try to put my best english foot forward, but america just wont let me go! :)

In all seriousness i hoped it helped answer the question.

... what was the question

"Its the question that drives us"

well, that was entertaining..... Good day to you gentlemen!

*laughs*

It really is time to shape up the language used on the Internet. Good initiative! :D

WHAT ZEDRIC??

You must be F*&^%$& Kidding me you F*&*^#% retard.. there is nothing wrong with my F*&^%$& language what the F*^% are you F*^&%$& talking about?

F*(%, I hate it when F*&^%$# people say the language on the F*(%&^& internet is bad...

of course I don't care and Im just yanking your chain, hehe...
<---- Press the button if you thought this was funny.. hehe

All you need are some coffee filters, some acetone, and some artic silver 5 compound. Rub all of the original thermal paste off of the bottom of the heatsink, as well as the cpu (with the coffee filter.) Then, use small amounts of acetone to wipte the surfaces clean. DO NOT touch the area of the heatsink that will be in contact with the cpu, not the surface of the CPU with your fingers, as this will cause oil buildup, and thus, heat transfer will be hindered. Then use arctic silver 5 compund as directed. Viola...youre done...ive done this several times and it works great!

-Nathan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back