REDS are Champs !!!

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Whatagame :D

Brilliant win by the Reds to come back from 3 down to win at the end.

Fitting 5th title for the Reds.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/soccer/05/25/champions.final.ap/index.html

Down three goals at halftime, it looked like Liverpool's 21-year wait for a fifth European Cup success would never end.

Amazingly, the end came just over an hour later.

Liverpool scored three second-half goals in seven minutes to overcome the deficit and draw 3-3 with AC Milan before winning 3-2 on penalties.

"We were massive underdogs at the beginning of the competition and I'll put my hands up say and I didn't think we were going to go all the way," said Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard, whose team knocked out Italian and Premier League champions Juventus and Chelsea to reach the final.

"But, as you can see tonight, we are never beaten."

Andriy Shevchenko, whose shootout spot kick clinched Milan's sixth title two years ago, failed this time, giving the English team the title in a match that started Wednesday and finished in the early minutes of Thursday morning.

In the highest scoring final since Benfica beat Real Madrid 5-3 in 1962, Liverpool became the first team to win the trophy after trailing 3-0.

i am still in shock...what a game..what a turnover..after dudek saved shevs penalty i just started to cry. been a pool fan since 1980 and...dunno what to say really, just YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was a fantastic game, I really thought Liverpool would be down and out at half-time...was feeling pretty bleak, considering how hard they worked leading to the finals. I didn't expect much in the second half, but my word, that fantastic goal by Gerrard really set the stadium on fire! :D

One of the most exciting European finals I've seen, even down to the penalties :)

yea.. best game i have seen in my life. No one would have thought 3goals in 6minutes. Was amazing. after the goal in the 1st minute i told my brother this game was going to be one to remember, thinking milan was gonna be like 10-0. Boy was i wrong. Glad liverpool gets to stay in the league.

Watched the highlights on TV. That was a good comeback by Liverpool. :)

UEFA aren't changing the rules, looks like they won't be able to defend the trophy next season afterall.

wow.. that sucks.. Champs and being dropped?? kind of a letdown for the pool fans defeat chelsea, the NY yankee's of uefa, come back from 3 down to ac milan to win the final. What else do they have to prove they are able to compete??

mooo said:
wow.. that sucks.. Champs and being dropped?? kind of a letdown for the pool fans defeat chelsea, the NY yankee's of uefa, come back from 3 down to ac milan to win the final. What else do they have to prove they are able to compete??

You mean the Sox right?

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back