RedHat Question

R

renakuajo

I'm about to install Redhat. Ihave two drives in the pc, one that has xp pro is in IDE 0 , the other one is in IDE 1 and has cdrom as slave (both of the HD are set to master)

My question is if i can install Redhat from windows or do i need to boot from the cd to do the install.....

no

you boot from teh install cd and setup takes over

be carefull about wh3r3 you insall linux though.

xp'll be on hda1 not hda0 (hda0'll be your windows boot partition, so dont fu.ck wit it) you'll want to set up the os on hdb (ide1), red hat 8's setup looks too much like windows if ya ask me. it's pretty fool proof. just make sure you select the bottom graphical display of the harddrives in the gui setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back