Red Ring Of Death

I've literally minutes ago raised a repair request with Microsoft, apparently a shipping label and further instructions shall be sent to me via email. We shall see... :D

As for the PS3, I'm holding on to my 360 for simply for a few exclusives (Gears 2, November... hmmmn? :D) and the fact that all my friends also own them, therefore switching to PS3 would leave me with probably one or two friends to play against online. I've no doubt with either a little time or a nice price drop, we'll all move over, but for the time being the 360 is sufficient ... when working. :p

Do you have a HDTV as well Dave? If so/not, is it really worth it without one?

I do have HD. Though personally, having played the 360 on both SD and HD, I'd still enjoy the games just as much on a normal TV ... HD's just that bit more sexier :D

A friend of mine recently purchased a £1200 40-Inch Sony LCD for £900 with a free PS3... and didn't tell me about the offer. Apart from wanting to slap him silly, I don't think that's a bad idea, so I may wait until LCD prices are right and buy a nice new big TV along with a PS3 at the same time.

That's kind what is adding to holding me back - I want an xbox but if I'm going to spring for that I want a TV. That's a big expense to justify to the wife :eek:

Well Xbox prices aren't likely to shoot down any time soon (They received a cut this week in the UK, not sure about the US?) so surely there's no harm in buying one now? ;) :D

TV's are always changing and slowly dropping lower and lower, so it could be worth sitting on that one for a while... :D

That's kind what is adding to holding me back - I want an xbox but if I'm going to spring for that I want a TV. That's a big expense to justify to the wife :eek:

Yo Derek, I play on a SDTV... I would prefer HD (it's in the family room :dead:), but like Dave said - it's still fun.

You're lucky it was a RROD. The video card in my xbox burned out and since it wasn't a RROD it wasn't covered, the new fangled 3-year warranty only covers them. I had my 360 for about 1 year and 3 months at the time. I had to pay $99 for the repair. It was shipped out and back to me in 2 weeks though.

Definitely lucky, the warranty on this particular console had run out only a few weeks ago, was gutted when I saw "Out Of Warranty" on the site when going to request a repair.

I think I would have just run out and grabbed an Arcade if that was truly the case though :)

Just to keep note of things, UPS picked up my 360 yesterday, 19th of March. :)

My Falcon version of the 360 keeps on chugging. Of course it isn't summer yet, so we'll see.

My console was received at the repair centre today, according to the official blurb, they aim to repair within 2 working days, then get it sent straight back which can take another 2 working days ... we'll see :D

My console was received at the repair centre today, according to the official blurb, they aim to repair within 2 working days, then get it sent straight back which can take another 2 working days ... we'll see :D

Make sure they don't place a "first gen" MoBo in it if that's what they happen to replace. And ask what it is they fixed. Most of the time they send items back but don't give you much detail. Some places do, hopefully MicroSquish is big enough to say what the problem was..

Yip, taken that into account.

Got an e-mail this morning stating that my console has been sorted and shipped out to me and I should expect it within 7 working days.

Not too sure where it will end up though, as it was collected from a work address, though it will likely end up being delivered to my home address when no one is in. Aren't couriers great? :D

IT'S BACK!

UPS dropped it off at my house yesterday afternoon, just in time, recently bought a new 32" LCD... though that's for the bedroom, not the computer room (Not that it stopped me hooking it up already :p)

Not too shabby - 10 days from when it was picked up you got it back :D

What do they do exactly, do you need to clear your HD before sending it? Or back anything up?

You dont send the hard drive back nor the faceplate ... just the core its self

Yup, as Shamus pointed out, you only send the unit itself back. The cables remain connected to your TV and audio set-up, and the HD lies around gathering dust for a few days :)

Unless of course the problem lies with the hard disk, then you need to send it back I'd imagine ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back