Recycle Bin Invisable Files

D

daleholden

Hi All

Major problem i installed Windows Washer 4.7 a few days ago and the product is very good. I have noticed it causes a fault in the Recycle Bin that when you delete a file it goes to the bin.

When you check the bin there appears to be no files but if you click empty bin it ask do you want to delete 5 files (in my case).

If i click restore files it does not? So are the files there or not. I did read another forum topic with a similiar problem. That user just changes a setting not to empty the BIn in Windoes Washer.

I have done this but it has not corrected the problem. ANy ideas anybody please do not say reinstall XP PLEASE.

Happy New Year
Dale

yoyo

Put something in the recycle bin. Then rightclick - empty recycle bin, confirm. Afterwards everything should be visible again and back to normal. At least that were the results ot my experiments within my test installation of XP in VMware. If it is different on your computer I'd suggest system restore.

R

RogerPhillis

As yoyo said uninstall is the only way.
If you unhide "protected files" in file options you will see there are recycle bins for each drive, that you normally dont need to know about, unless you have this type of corruption.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut