recycle bin in registry

S

seba79

in the regisry entry
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

i have not entry "localizedstring: but in all other computers with WinXP this entry exist, what for this entry is ?

sorry for (pure ;] ) poor english...

"LocalizedString" is the String Value your Recycle Bin is called. If you don't have a LocalizedString simply right-click an empty area in the right side and choose New String Value and call it LocalizedString. Click anywhere to set it, then double-click it and type the name of the Recycle Bin you wish to see on the Desktop or wherever.

default entry of localizedstring is a:
@%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964
but this entry isn't a name of recyclebin

so what is the point here?? What are your trying to Accomplish??

Originally posted by seba79
default entry of localizedstring is a:
@%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,-8964
but this entry isn't a name of recyclebin

If you open shell32.dll with Resource Hacker you will see that this is indeed the name of the recycle bin.

As yoyo states, it is a pointer to the words "Recycle Bin" in shell32.dll

Yes, You all have right, thank you...
By the way, is that entry necessary? I have already a neme "Recycle bin" :)

Not necessary, but helpful if you want to change the name of the Bin without altering the Attributes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back